Online Class and Q&A Addressing Today’s Challenges, 11th & 12th Grades
Presented by Rabbi Simon Jacobson for Beth Rivkah High School 11th and 12th Grades
How should we be reacting to the Coronavirus crisis? What leadership role should be taking in these trying times? What would the Rebbe expect of us?
Questions and Answers:
1. What is actually going to happen when Moshiach comes what will the logistics be like?
2. Is it right to try to find “proofs” of Moshiach coming from random details of Corona? Although we should try to learn from everything, it doesn’t seem respectful to prove something the Rebbe has already told us based on the name, “gematria”, or translation of the virus. Could there be any truth to them, or is it just bored people on WhatsApp?
3. Everyone is saying that all these tzaros happening now are signs of the coming of Moshiach. why would Hashem do it in such an unpleasant way?
4. How do you do Teshuva for past sins that you are no longer doing but sometimes feel the temptation for it? (Usually meaning you didn’t do proper Teshuva for it yet)
5. How can we fill our minds and time productively when the people that surround us at home are filled with worry and fear?
6. How can we encourage others and bring real hope?
7. What do you recommend is the smartest way to occupy ones time in such days, when we don’t know how long this will go on for?
8. What should you do if davening feels dry because you suddenly have all the time for it and it’s not that Highlight in middle of a rush day?
9. How can you set real healthy boundaries and all yourself to truly be free and not tied to our devices or laziness?
10. Will the world be drastically different when Moshiach comes? Or will it be similar to how it is just people will be conscious of Hashem? And will we still have normal day to day life like going to school/work etc?
11. When Moshiach comes will we all move to Eretz Yisroel – as in where it is today, or will the whole world become Eretz Yisroel?
12. Once Moshiach comes, what’s the goal? What would everyone be working toward?
13. Any tips on how to have real true Ahavas Yisroel?
14. I am terrified for the coming of moshiach and feel like I don’t want it to come. Although my life has many challenges, I still feel like this. I appreciate the highs more because of the lows. A life where there is absolutely no struggle and seemingly no goal sounds like a nightmare to me. The concept of living forever absolutely terrifies me. I struggle with the thought that I don’t want moshiach to come. I know that sounds terrible. I still want moshiach as an idea, I know it’s the goal of this entire world, elokis will be completely revealed, I want so much and work towards it as I am a chossid. But it feels like I want idealistically. When I think about the actual impacts it will have on our lives I feel like I don’t want it at all. How do I grapple with this?
15. What is the balance of bitachon and living life – going through your day? How do you keep things in Hashem’s hands but also you have to deal with it?