BROADCAST | WITH RABBI SIMON JACOBSON
In Merit of
Boruch Benyomin ben Menucha Lana and Miriam bas Chaya Sarah Althaus
Yekusiel ben Leah Rochel and Rochel bas Liba Farkash
Pinchas Todros ben Miriam and Sarah bas Rochel Althaus
- Chassidus Applied to 22 Shevat
- What do we learn from this day?
- What is the deeper meaning and significance of the name “Chaya Mushka”?
- What changes and new things did the Rebbe institute after 22 Shevat?
- Is it significant that the Rebbe and Rebbetzin had the same first names as the Tzemach Tzedek and his Rebbetzin?
- What is the Rebbetzin most famous for, besides being the Rebbe’s wife?
- Years ago the Rebbe told someone that he would be forever grateful for a favor they did for the Rebbetzin. Is it disrespectful to ask the Rebbe to repay this favor now?
- Is it appropriate to display the Rebbetzin’s photo?
- What are some practical things we can do to honor the Rebbetzin on her yahrzeit?
- Lessons from Mishpatim
- Is logic logical?
- What can we learn from the connection of the rational laws to Sinai?
- Why did it take 40 days and 40 nights to receive the torah?
- What is the significance of us saying naaseh v’nishmah?
- Why are the negative mitzvos written as “do not’s”; wouldn’t it be more motivating to say it in the positive – “cherish life” instead of “do not murder”?
- Why don’t we mix milk and meat? If it’s due to not mixing chesed and gevurah, why do we find that in other areas that mix is considered sacred?
- Can we benefit from the mix, by throwing them in the same garbage bin for example?
- How do we explain to children that males are not supposed to listen to women singing?
- How should we address the recent abuse scandal? – Follow-up
- Chassidus question: Can we reach Atzmus?
Skip directly to a topic by viewing the episode timestamps in YouTube.
MyLife: Chassidus Applied is a weekly video webcast candidly answering questions from the public about all life matters and challenges, covering the entire spectrum of the human experience. The objective of the program is to provide people with inspired guidance and direction, empowering them to deal with any issue they may face. MyLife demonstrates how Chassidus provides us with a comprehensive blueprint of the human psyche as a microcosm of the cosmos, and offers us all the guidance we need to live the healthiest possible life and build nurturing homes and families, bringing up the healthiest possible children, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually.
MyLife is a community-supported project, requiring hours of research and preparation each week. Please donate or sponsor an episode, to help us continue and expand this important work.