Essay Contest | submission form
Submit an Essay to our 2020 Competition!
Following the huge success of the previous years’ MyLife contest, we are proud to announce the sixth annual MyLife: Chassidus Applied Essay Contest.
You are invited to submit an original essay applying a concept or idea in Chassidus to solve a contemporary life issue or challenge. A panel of judges will select the winning essays.
NEW BETA TRACK! Creative Submissions
This year we are beta testing a new creative track, with its own prize. We are now accepting submissions of an original creative presentation conveying a concept in Chassidus and applying it to a contemporary life issue or challenge. Please read the rules and guidelines for this new track. Submissions can include, but are not limited to, any of the following categories:
- Creative Writing or Spoken Word, including short stories, poetry, plays, scripts, letters, lesson plans, lyrics, journal writing, and recorded speech/presentation.
- Visual Arts, including music, photography, digital art, paintings, sculpture, pottery, fashion, calligraphy, graffiti art, sketchbooks, mixed media with text and visual, collages, videos (all submissions must be in digital form)
1st Prize: $10,000
2nd Prize: $3,600
3rd Prize: $1,000
Student track prize: $500*
Creative Track Prize: $1,000
* Any student ages 14-21 who submits an essay will be entered into an additional contest exclusively for students. The exclusive student track does not take away from the ability to win the grand prize or any prize in the main competition. Exclusively for students.
** Each entrant is welcome to submit 1 essay and/or 1 creative piece. Entrants are only eligible to receive one winning prize. If someone was to win both contests, they will receive the higher valued prize.
Rules and Guidelines
Entries must be uploaded by 11:59 PM EST on February 23 – Chof Ches Shevat to be eligible for consideration.
The MyLife: Chassidus Applied Essay Contest is made possible by a grant from the Meromim Foundation
Submit Entry Here
- Review the contest guidelines.
- Fill out the form below.
- Attach your entry (using the ‘choose file’ box).