Ep. 428: Why Is Yud Tes Kislev Referred to as the Rosh Hashana of Chassidus?
Comfortable and Affordable Hatfalls
- Chassidus Applied to Yud Tes Kislev
- 250th yahrzeit of the Maggid of Mezeritch 20:15
- Why is Yud Tes Kislev referred to as the Rosh Hashana of Chassidus? 03:13
- Why was there a problem with the Alter Rebbe teaching Chassidus? 06:43
- Since we begin the new Tanya cycle on Yud Tes Kislev, what is a short synopsis of some of Tanya’s most important lessons? 26:26
- Is Tanya geared toward both men and women? 29:18
- Is the idea of two souls a revolutionary innovation of the Tanya? What does it add to the fundamental Torah idea of the yetzer tov and yetzer hara? 31:28
- Are the Alter Rebbe’s teachings his own chiddushim, or were they compilations of what he learned from his teachers? 32:55 33:50
- Is Tanya considered like a “portrait” of the Alter Rebbe? 36:22
- Did the Alter Rebbe write and edit all the contents of the Tanya or were some parts added by his students who heard the teachings from him? 39:26
- Is there greater emphasis in Chassidus Chabad on bittul than on dveikus? 41:02
- What do we learn from the Alter Rebbe’s name Schneur, two lights? 43:24
- Did Karl Marx borrow concepts from Tanya for his Communist Manifesto? 44:52
- Chassidus Applied to Vayeishev
- Why could Jacob not have calm and peace in his life? 53:15
- Why did King David have to come from relationships such as Yehuda and Tamar giving birth to Peretz? 58:02
- Women leading the way to Geulah 01:00:51
- World Cup lessons 01:03:16
- Were the Jews originally dark-skinned? 01:04:13
- What is the source of the Rebbe negating the story about Moshe’s portrait? 01:05:48
MyLife: Chassidus Applied is a weekly video webcast candidly answering questions from the public about all life matters and challenges, covering the entire spectrum of the human experience. The objective of the program is to provide people with inspired guidance and direction, empowering them to deal with any issue they may face. MyLife demonstrates how Chassidus provides us with a comprehensive blueprint of the human psyche as a microcosm of the cosmos, and offers us all the guidance we need to live the healthiest possible life and build nurturing homes and families, bringing up the healthiest possible children, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually.
MyLife is a community-supported project, requiring hours of research and preparation each week. Please donate or sponsor an episode, to help us continue and expand this important work.