Ep. 288: What Is the Halachik and Hashkafic Explanation for Public Menorahs?
In loving blessed memory of our father Leslie. Dedicated by his children Gillian, Richard and John.
- Chassidus Applied to Chanukah
- What was the dispute between the Jews and the Greeks?
- How do we explain the victory of Chanukah when in the end Greek secularism seems to have prevailed in modern times?
- What is the halachik and hashkafic explanation for public menorahs?
- Is Zos Chanukah the end of judgment of Rosh Hashana?
- Lessons from Miketz
- How do we explain the seemingly unacceptable behavior of the tribes?
- If you don’t like someone, is it better to be two-faced and speak nicely to the person, or behave like the tribes who couldn’t speak to Yosef?
- Since the purpose of Chassidus is to apply it to our lives, why was there a “kitrug” to prevent this?
- Why don’t we follow the Alter Rebbe’s directive to recite psalm 119 weekly?
- Follow up (episode 284-286):
- Rochel and Leah
- Chassidus question: What is the concept of olives according to Chassidus?
- My Life 2019 essays:
- I’ll Do It Later, Shmuly Katzoff, 16, Brooklyn, NY
- Separateness That Leads to Closeness, Levi Berger, Bal Harbour, FL
- The Three Tricks in a Chassid’s Basket, Ben Diamond, 34
Skip directly to a topic by viewing the episode timestamps in YouTube.
MyLife: Chassidus Applied is a series of video webcasts answering questions from the public, with the objective of demonstrating how Chassidus provides us with a comprehensive blueprint of the human psyche as a microcosm of the cosmos, and offers us all the guidance we need to live the healthiest possible life and build nurturing homes and families, bringing up the healthiest possible children, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually.
MyLife is a community-supported project, requiring hours of research and preparation each week. Please donate or sponsor an episode, to help us continue and expand this important work.