Ep. 375: How Much Should One Invest in Lottery Tickets?
Boruch Benyomin ben Menucha Lana and Miriam bas Chaya Sarah Althaus
Yekusiel ben Leah Rochel amd Rochel bas Liba Farkash
Pinchas Todros ben Miriam and Sarah bas Rochel Althaus
- Chassidus applied to Vayeira
- Why did G-d appear to Abraham and what does that teach us?
- Why did Abraham turn away from G-d to greet guests? Doesn’t that seem rude?
- Why would a benevolent G-d ask Abraham to kill his son? And why did Abraham comply without question?
- Why do we teach our children this violent story?
- How were the angels able to eat with Abraham when they are spiritual beings that don’t consume physical food?
- Why did Sarah laugh when she heard that she would have a child at age 90?
- Why did Abraham protest G-d’s plan to destroy the evil city of Sodom?
- Why was Lot saved?
- Is the forecasted huge solar storm perhaps a sign of the sun being removed from its shield after Moshiach comes?
- How much should one invest in lottery tickets?
- Is there a guaranteed segulah that works in order to become wealthy?
- What should our attitude be toward gambling?
- How can I convince my friend to stop gambling away his money in casinos?
- What should I do about discovering my father watching inappropriate content?
- How do we distinguish between Taliban fundamentalism and l’havdil the “fundamentalism” described in the Torah?
- Chassidus question: What is the experience of “taanug in Elokus” supposed to look or feel like?
Skip directly to a topic by viewing the episode timestamps in YouTube.
MyLife: Chassidus Applied is a weekly video webcast candidly answering questions from the public about all life matters and challenges, covering the entire spectrum of the human experience. The objective of the program is to provide people with inspired guidance and direction, empowering them to deal with any issue they may face. MyLife demonstrates how Chassidus provides us with a comprehensive blueprint of the human psyche as a microcosm of the cosmos, and offers us all the guidance we need to live the healthiest possible life and build nurturing homes and families, bringing up the healthiest possible children, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually.
MyLife is a community-supported project, requiring hours of research and preparation each week. Please donate or sponsor an episode, to help us continue and expand this important work.