Ep. 423: Can You Love G-d if You Don’t Love People?
Boruch Benyomin ben Menucha Lana and Miriam bas Chaya Sarah Althaus
Yekusiel ben Leah Rochel and Rochel bas Liba Farkash
Dedicated by Pinchas Todros ben Miriam and Sarah bas Rochel Althaus
- Chassidus Applied to Vayeira
- How could Abraham turn away from G-d to greet guests? 5:00
- Can you love G-d if you don’t love people? 5:53
- What can we do today to merit that Hashem personally reveal Himself to us? 8:47
- If Malkizedek was wrong for blessing Abraham before blessing G-d, why was Abraham not punished for turning away from G-d to greet guests? 13:42
- Why was Abraham harsh with his guests to entice them to thank G-d? 17:17
- Why did Abraham beseech G-d to save the evil criminals from Sodom? 23:24
- Why was G-d upset at Sarah for laughing when she was informed that she would have a baby at age 90? 28:41
- Do the Arabs hate us because their ancestor Ishmael was kicked out of his home by Sarah and Abraham? 33:02
- Why Did Abraham not defy G-d at the Akeidah, based on the law that a son is not supposed to listen to his father telling him to murder? 39:16
- If we finished the work of elevating sparks, why are we allowed to eat meat? 44:16
- Should we be honoring the Jewish husband of the non-Jewish vice president with lighting the menorah? 48:26
- How to overcome a challenge much bigger than we can cope with, without falling into despair? 49:45
- Why not say Hallel every day? 53:58
- Is it appropriate to buy a lottery ticket? 58:26
- Why is it not a form of gambling?
- Does buying more than one ticket indicate a lack of faith?
MyLife: Chassidus Applied is a weekly video webcast candidly answering questions from the public about all life matters and challenges, covering the entire spectrum of the human experience. The objective of the program is to provide people with inspired guidance and direction, empowering them to deal with any issue they may face. MyLife demonstrates how Chassidus provides us with a comprehensive blueprint of the human psyche as a microcosm of the cosmos, and offers us all the guidance we need to live the healthiest possible life and build nurturing homes and families, bringing up the healthiest possible children, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually.
MyLife is a community-supported project, requiring hours of research and preparation each week. Please donate or sponsor an episode, to help us continue and expand this important work.
Go here and here for our special section of programs and resources addressing these trying and unprecedented times