Ep. 228: For the Sake of Sholom Bayis Should I Do Something That I Would Normally Refrain From?
Anonymous sponsor. In the merit that all should find their shidduch right away.
- Rambam study: End of 37th cycle (Elul 20) and beginning of 38th (Elul 21)
- Chassidus Applied to the 25th of Elul and Rosh Hashana
- Lessons from the last and 7th Week of the Shiva D’Nechemta
- Standing in the month of Elul when we increase in prayer, what can we practically do to pray a bit better?
- Should I be concerned about speaking loshon hora when I am working through with my mentor the hurt I have experienced at the hands of another?
- For the sake of sholom bayis should I do something my spouse prefers that I would normally refrain from doing?
- Does the Torah expect the same from people regardless of their vital childhood experience?
- Is there any value in rigidly doing mitzvot by rote even if it does not refine me and help me personally grow?
- Follow-up: Religious OCD (episode 227)
- Chassidus question: What does it mean that we need to stimulate G-d’s desire to recreate existence on Rosh Hashana? If we did nothing would the world cease to be?
- My Life 2018 essays:
- Overcoming Insecurity, Avraham Stein, 18, Stony Brook
- How to Actually Bring Moshiach, Chana Rahmani, Boston, MA
- My Torah, Chaim E. Bryski, 24, Agoura Hills, CA