Ep. 352: What Can We Learn From the Rebbe’s Brother About Dealing With Setbacks and Descents in Life? Reviewing the Rebbe’s Words When He Stood Up From Shiva After R’ Yisroel Aryeh Leib’s Passing
- Lessons from 13 Iyar: 69th yahrzeit of R’ Yisroel Aryeh Leib a”h
- Did the Rebbe start the BT effort as a tikkun for his brother?
- What do we know about the Rebbe’s brother?
- What can we learn from the Rebbe’s brother about dealing with setbacks and descents in life? Reviewing the Rebbe’s words when he stood up from shiva after R’ Yisroel Aryeh Leib’s passing
- Chassidus applied to Pesach Sheni
- It’s never too late
- Chassidus applied to Lag B’Omer:
- What do we learn from the 24,000 students that did not respect one another?
- What was unique about Rashbi?
- Uniting the inner and outer of Torah and Jews
- Lessons from Emor:
- What was the purpose of the lechem hapanim?
- Why is cursing G-d such a grave sin?
- How do we explain the second half of Moshiach’s reply to the Baal Shem Tov:
“when others will be able to perform mystical unifications”?
- When Moshiach comes…
- Will there be crime; will evil be eradicated from the world, and what challenges will we have?
- What will be of Shlichus?
- When everyone will do Teshuvah, then what will be our role?
- Will there still be free will?
- Regarding the guilty verdict of Officer Chauvin:
- What is the Torah view on an official who unjustly abuse his authority?
- How do we distinguish between the morality and the politics of this and other issues?
- Comments and Follow-up:
- Enough talk about politics
- How do we know that the Rashbi wrote the Zohar?
- Chassidus question: What is the connection between Lag B’Omer and hod she’be’hod?
- MyLife 2020 Chassidus Applied Essay and Creative Contest: 20th Place winners:
- Essay English: Marriage Demystified by the Mystics, Sara Soble, 34, Mommy, Relationship Coach, Brooklyn, NY
- Essay Hebrew (men): סיכום עניין השמחה בעבודת ה’ עפ”י חסידות תניא פרק כ”ו, Aaron Noach Freiman, Student, Jerusalem, Israel
- Essay Hebrew (women): כאן ועכשיו, Simcha Kushvili, Educator, Lod, Israel
- Creative: Yeshut! The Original People Repellent (sketch), Esther Rosen, 39, Mother, Brooklyn, NY
Skip directly to a topic by viewing the episode timestamps in YouTube.
MyLife: Chassidus Applied is a weekly video webcast candidly answering questions from the public about all life matters and challenges, covering the entire spectrum of the human experience. The objective of the program is to provide people with inspired guidance and direction, empowering them to deal with any issue they may face. MyLife demonstrates how Chassidus provides us with a comprehensive blueprint of the human psyche as a microcosm of the cosmos, and offers us all the guidance we need to live the healthiest possible life and build nurturing homes and families, bringing up the healthiest possible children, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually.
MyLife is a community-supported project, requiring hours of research and preparation each week. Please donate or sponsor an episode, to help us continue and expand this important work.