Ep. 333: Should a Husband See Himself as His Wife’s Mashpia? What’s Torah”s View on Marrying Cousins?
In loving memory of Joan Bychowski and Diane Neff, obm
Special 14 Kislev and 19 Kislev Edition
- Chassidus Applied to Yud Dalet Kislev
- Why were the Rebbe’s parents unable to attend his wedding?
- What is the Torah’s position on marrying cousins?
- Why doesn’t the Torah give marriage advice?
- Should a husband see himself as his wife’s mashpia?
- Lessons from Yud Tes Kislev and Vayishlach
- Why would heaven be opposed to the Alter Rebbe teaching Chassidus?
- What lessons does the reunion between Jacob and Esau teach us about Yud Tes Kislev?
- Is there a correlation between the campaign to inspire non-Jews about the Seven Noahide Laws and the birur of Esau in this week’s Parsha?
- Is there a double standard when it comes to discussing Trump and Biden?
- Covid related:
- How can we rely on authorities when it’s possible that the blind are leading the blind?
- What are your thoughts on the recent Covid-related crackdowns targeting religious Jews?
- Now that some Rabbis are beginning to change their opinions regarding lockdowns, would civil disobedience be allowed according to halacha?
- Is it appropriate for a wealthy person to live a luxurious life?
- Chassidus question: How could Rochel have violated Yaakov’s trust by giving the signs to Leah?
- MyLife 2020 Chassidus Applied Essay and Creative Contest: 7th Place winners:
- Essay English: Window for Words, Moshe Miller, 65, Chicago, IL, Writing, translating, teaching, guiding. Self-employed, Chicago, IL
- Essay Hebrew (men): קולקטיביזם מודרני ואינדיבידואליזם חסידי, Collectivism and Individualism in the Teachings of the Rebbe, R’ Chaim Luria, Lod, Israel
- Essay Hebrew (women): מחשבה בריאה, Healthy Thought, Mirav Basari, Tzafarya, Israel
- Creative: Me’odecha: A Niggun (music), Moshe Gordon, 19, Brooklyn, NY, Student, Tomchei Temimim, Morristown
Skip directly to a topic by viewing the episode timestamps in YouTube.
MyLife: Chassidus Applied is a series of video webcasts answering questions from the public, demonstrating how Chassidus provides us with a comprehensive blueprint of the human psyche as a microcosm of the cosmos, and offers us all the guidance we need to live the healthiest possible life and build nurturing homes and families, bringing up the healthiest possible children, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually.