Ep. 337: How Do I Improve My Relationship With My Father, Who Is More Interested in My Spiritual State Than My Physical One?
In Memory of Yosef Yitzhak ben Reuven, sh'yichye
- Chassidus Applied to Vayechi
- What defines real life?
- Why was Yosef buried in Egypt?
- Is Hei Teves an eis ratzon?
- Where did the custom of playing chess on the night of nittel begin?
- Who won the chess game between the Frierdiker Rebbe and the Rebbe?
- Why don’t we learn on nittel night?
- How do I become more confident in my life choices?
- How do I improve my relationship with my father, who is more interested in my spiritual state than my physical one?
- How can I have clarity in a decision I made if I can’t get a direct answer from the Rebbe?
- With so many marriages happening today between Jews and non-orthodox converts, is there anything we can do to welcome them into the community in order to stem intermarriage?
- I find myself struggling with desires that fuel my animal soul. How are we supposed to have passion for things that are found in the holy books rather than in the streets?
- Chassidus question: Please explain Tanya chapter 7: Why is it so bad to enjoy life in a kosher way?
- MyLife 2020 Chassidus Applied Essay and Creative Contest: 9th Place winners:
- Essay English: Complacency- And how to be Dissatisfied with It, Koby Berkovits, 18, Student, Kesser Torah College, Sydney, Australia
- Essay Hebrew (men): דיבור ושיפור, Meir Ha’itan, Kedomim, Israel
- Essay Hebrew (women): רגישות גבוהה במשנת חסידות חב”ד, Highly Sensitive Person’s (HSP’s), Chaya Mizrachi, Kfar Chabad, Israel
- Creative: The Edges of Illusion (poetry), Yehudis Fishman, 76, Self Employed – Community Educator, Boulder, CO
Skip directly to a topic by viewing the episode timestamps in YouTube.
MyLife: Chassidus Applied is a weekly video webcast candidly answering questions from the public about all life matters and challenges, covering the entire spectrum of the human experience. The objective of the program is to provide people with inspired guidance and direction, empowering them to deal with any issue they may face. MyLife demonstrates how Chassidus provides us with a comprehensive blueprint of the human psyche as a microcosm of the cosmos, and offers us all the guidance we need to live the healthiest possible life and build nurturing homes and families, bringing up the healthiest possible children, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually.
MyLife is a community-supported project, requiring hours of research and preparation each week. Please donate or sponsor an episode, to help us continue and expand this important work.