Ep. 372: A Rebbe Never Leaves: What Can We Learn From Yud Gimmel Tishrei About Life After Gimmel Tammuz?
Boruch Benyomin ben Menucha Lana and Miriam bas Chaya Sarah Althaus
Yekusiel ben Leah Rochel amd Rochel bas Liba Farkash
Pinchas Todros ben Miriam and Sarah bas Rochel Althaus
- Lessons from Yud Gimmel Tishrei – 139th yahrzeit of the Rebbe Maharash
- What should we learn from the Rebbe Maharash?
- How does his life and leadership impact us?
- What is the connection between the Tzemech Tzedek being daas and “now let’s travel to father to hear what is doing”?
- Story: A Rebbe never leaves
- Chassidus applied to Sukkos
- What is the spiritual significance of eating in a sukkah?
- Why is Sukkos not in the spring after Pesach?
- Is there a connection between sukkah and mikveh, as both surround us completely?
- Why can a Sukkah be made of any materials you want, but the roof can only be made of materials that grow from the ground? Is the roof of the Sukkah more significant than its walls?
- Why is Chabad custom not to decorate the Sukkah?
- What is the meaning of the Gemara that in the future non-Jews will be tested with a Sukkah and they will refuse to sit in it because of the heat, and what is its message for us today?
- If Hashem wanted us to enjoy our time in the sukkah why did he create mosquitoes and bees to torment and ruin it for us?
- Four Species
- Why do we shake the Lulav?
- Why does an Esrog cost $100 when its cousin, the lemon, can be found in the supermarket for fifty cents? How do we justify price gouging?
- Why do we use an esrog from Italy instead of from Israel?
- What is Simchos Beis Hashoeiva and why did the Rebbe reinstitute this celebration?
- How can we control our diets during this holiday season with all its meals?
- Chassidus question: How does Chassidus explain Sukkos?
Skip directly to a topic by viewing the episode timestamps in YouTube.
MyLife: Chassidus Applied is a weekly video webcast candidly answering questions from the public about all life matters and challenges, covering the entire spectrum of the human experience. The objective of the program is to provide people with inspired guidance and direction, empowering them to deal with any issue they may face. MyLife demonstrates how Chassidus provides us with a comprehensive blueprint of the human psyche as a microcosm of the cosmos, and offers us all the guidance we need to live the healthiest possible life and build nurturing homes and families, bringing up the healthiest possible children, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually.
MyLife is a community-supported project, requiring hours of research and preparation each week. Please donate or sponsor an episode, to help us continue and expand this important work.
Go here and here for our special section of programs and resources addressing these trying and unprecedented times
I want to thank you for the amazing broadcasts which I have been following almost from the start, and from which I have learnt so much. Occasionally, as with this one, the volume is low, so that even if I turn up the volume on my computer as far as possible, I can only hear it if I sit right next to it. I would really appreciate it if you could see to it that the volume always louder. I imagine I’m not the only one who usually listens while ironing , preparing meals etc. and not while seated right next to the computer.
Yashar Koach for all your efforts which are surely helping to bring Moshiach, and may we merit the Geula Shelaima immediately!