Ep. 409: What Is a Lubavitcher?
In honor of Sara Gittel bas Shraga Feivel, Shirley Jaffe
upon her yahrzeit, 12 Tammuz
- Chassidus Applied to 12-13 Tammuz – 95 years later
- What does this day teach us?
- Can we learn anything from this liberation regarding the situation in Russia today?
- Chassidus Applied to Balak
- What do we learn from this chapter?
- Why was enticing the Jews into lascivious behavior the only way to hurt them?
- What was the messianic prophecy of Balaam and how is it relevant to us today?
- What was the sin of Baal Peor and how does it apply today?
- Was Pinchas spearing Cozbi through her stomach a primordial form of abortion?
- Chassidus Applied to Chukas
- Do the suprarational chukim come from a higher spiritual source?
- What right did we have to enter the land of Canaan and murder men women and children and steal their land?
- What is the “song of the well”?
- Can you please comment on the passing of Dr. Zelenko?
- Gimmel Tammuz follow-up: What should we be doing other than what we have already done for the past 30 years?
- What is a Lubavitcher?
- July 4th follow-up: Did Torah inspire the Founding Fathers?
- Why are secular studies not taught in Yeshiva? Follow-up
- How is tutoring practical?
- Wouldn’t it be appropriate for all Jews to study secular subjects so that they can all contribute to society?
- Homeopathy and abuse: Can abuse itself be transformed into healing?
Skip directly to a topic by viewing the episode timestamps in YouTube.
MyLife: Chassidus Applied is a weekly video webcast candidly answering questions from the public about all life matters and challenges, covering the entire spectrum of the human experience. The objective of the program is to provide people with inspired guidance and direction, empowering them to deal with any issue they may face. MyLife demonstrates how Chassidus provides us with a comprehensive blueprint of the human psyche as a microcosm of the cosmos, and offers us all the guidance we need to live the healthiest possible life and build nurturing homes and families, bringing up the healthiest possible children, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually.
MyLife is a community-supported project, requiring hours of research and preparation each week. Please donate or sponsor an episode, to help us continue and expand this important work.