Ep. 275: Why Doesn’t Torah and Judaism Celebrate Art as It Does Song?
- Chassidus Applied to Elul and Shoftim
- Why doesn’t Torah and Judaism celebrate art as it does song?
- How should we relate to Rabbis with different standards?
- Considering the Rebbe refusing to receive a new car as a gift, what should our attitude be to receiving gifts?
- Why are older singles looked down upon?
- Why isn’t more Chassidus being translated and made accessible to the mainstream?
- Did the Rebbe ever discuss Jewish extremist attacks against Palestinians? What is the proper way to view followers of Baruch Goldstein?
- Follow up:
- Male mashpia for women (episode 248)
- Moon launch (episode 269)
- Vaccinations (episodes 269-274)
- Chassidus question: Tanya end of chapter 29: If the Jewish people were true believers, why did they defy G–d again and wanted to go up to Israel without permission?
- My Life 2019 essays:
- כוחה של השפעה, Michal Yaffa Simchowitz, 39, Kfar Chabad, Israel
- יסודות לחיים שמחים, Avigail Slonim, 45, Mitzpe Ramon, Israel
- Watch Your Words, Esther Procaccia, 19, Brooklyn, NY
Skip directly to a topic by viewing the episode timestamps in YouTube.
MyLife: Chassidus Applied is a series of video webcasts answering questions from the public, with the objective of demonstrating how Chassidus provides us with a comprehensive blueprint of the human psyche as a microcosm of the cosmos, and offers us all the guidance we need to live the healthiest possible life and build nurturing homes and families, bringing up the healthiest possible children, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually.
MyLife is a community-supported project, requiring hours of research and preparation each week. Please donate or sponsor an episode, to help us continue and expand this important work.