Ep. 421: Why Do Some Think That Simchas Torah Must Include Getting Drunk, and What Can We Do About It?
Boruch Benyomin ben Menucha Lana and Miriam bas Chaya Sarah Althaus
Yekusiel ben Leah Rochel and Rochel bas Liba Farkash
Dedicated by Pinchas Todros ben Miriam and Sarah bas Rochel Althaus
- Chassidus Applied to Post Tishrei
- What is special about this time as we transition from the holiday season into the regular year? 03:00
- How do we draw energy into our daily routines from the renewal of Rosh Hashana, the sanctity of Yom Kippur and the joy of Sukkos? 05:00
- What practical things can we do to tap into this energy? 10:14
- What does it mean that after the Tishrei holidays we need to “unpack the bundles”? 13:33
- What are some of the second chances given to those who didn’t maximize the full energy of, or participate completely in, the Tishrei holidays? 14:14
- What happens after Simchas Torah? Is the dancing itself the container for blessings, or is there something additional I must do? 18:34
- Why do we only dance with the Torah on Simchas Torah and not every time we take out the Torah to read from it? 24:41
- Chassidus Applied to Hakhel
- What is the significance of Hakhel today? 29:57
- How can we observe the spirit of Hakhel without a Beis Hamikdash and a physical king? 36:16
- Can the newly crowned King Charles serve as king to read the Torah for us? 40:00
- Is a Hakhel year the most opportune time for Moshiach to come? 41:20
- Why do some think that Simchas Torah must include getting drunk, and what can we do about it?
- Grooming young people for leadership positions 51:00
- Why not travel to Uman for Rosh Hashana? 52:02
- Creating change in your life 54:57
MyLife: Chassidus Applied is a weekly video webcast candidly answering questions from the public about all life matters and challenges, covering the entire spectrum of the human experience. The objective of the program is to provide people with inspired guidance and direction, empowering them to deal with any issue they may face. MyLife demonstrates how Chassidus provides us with a comprehensive blueprint of the human psyche as a microcosm of the cosmos, and offers us all the guidance we need to live the healthiest possible life and build nurturing homes and families, bringing up the healthiest possible children, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually.
MyLife is a community-supported project, requiring hours of research and preparation each week. Please donate or sponsor an episode, to help us continue and expand this important work.