Ep. 403: How Do You Avoid Being a “Mechanical” Jew, Preforming Mitzvos Robotically?
Boruch Benyomin ben Menucha Lana and Miriam bas Chaya Sarah Althaus
Yekusiel ben Leah Rochel and Rochel bas Liba Farkash
Dedicated by Pinchas Todros ben Miriam and Sarah bas Rochel Althaus
- Chassidus Applied to Bechukosei
- Does Torah provide us with a better and healthier life?
- What is the function of chukim (supra-rational) mitzvos, and what is its connection with engraving (chakikah)?
- Is Halacha (Jewish law) rigid and inflexible?
- How do you avoid being a “mechanical” Jew, preforming mitzvos robotically?
- Why are there curses in the Torah?
- Is Hashem breaking His promise to us every day Moshiach doesn’t come?
- Is tithing just like paying taxes?
- How can we assure that our prayers get answered?
- Is there a secret prayer that is like a master key to open up the heavenly doors?
- What is the significance of the Ono B’Koach prayer and why do we say it when we count the Omer?
- What is the meaning of the few paragraphs we say after counting the Omer?
- Why do we say “L’Omer” and not “B’Omer”?
- Lag B’Omer
- What is the significance of Lag B’Omer being hod within hod?
- Why isn’t the burial place of Rashbi unknown to us like that of Moshe’s?
- Why do we light bonfires on this day?
- How should we address the deplorable behavior of some in Meron on Lag B’Omer?
- Did the Rebbe explain why putting on Tefillin can stop wars and terrorist attacks?
- Yom Ha’atzmaut
- Pesach Sheni
- What can I do about inappropriate images I have seen in the past?
Skip directly to a topic by viewing the episode timestamps in YouTube.
MyLife: Chassidus Applied is a weekly video webcast candidly answering questions from the public about all life matters and challenges, covering the entire spectrum of the human experience. The objective of the program is to provide people with inspired guidance and direction, empowering them to deal with any issue they may face. MyLife demonstrates how Chassidus provides us with a comprehensive blueprint of the human psyche as a microcosm of the cosmos, and offers us all the guidance we need to live the healthiest possible life and build nurturing homes and families, bringing up the healthiest possible children, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually.
MyLife is a community-supported project, requiring hours of research and preparation each week. Please donate or sponsor an episode, to help us continue and expand this important work.
Go here and here for our special section of programs and resources addressing these trying and unprecedented times