Ep. 366: What Can We Do About the Housing Crisis Facing Our Young Couples Today?
- Chassidus applied to Rosh Chodesh Elul
- What special power does Elul have?
- How do we to enter the month of Elul? What avodah should we be doing?
- What is the connection of Elul to prayer, and why is prayer the “service of the heart?”
- What can we do differently while praying during Elul than the rest of the year, in order to take advantage of this special month?
- What does it mean in Elul G-d is like a “king in the field”?
- Should we be wearing nice clothes in Elul to greet the “king in the field”?
- What is the meaning of “ani l’dodi v’dodi li,” the acronym of Elul?
- What is the source and meaning that a bride and groom are like a queen and king? Do they actually have greater strengths?
- What can we do about the housing crisis facing our young couples today? Did the Rebbe ever advise newly married couples on the best way to find safe affordable living space?
- Lessons from Shoftim:
- What are some practical applications today of eglah arufa? Does it mean that the community bears responsibility if one of its members is hurt or abused?
- What is the application of the idolatry today? Does it include deifying a “red chair”?
- What stops someone from exploiting the different exemptions from going to war, by, say, planting a small vineyard?
- What lessons can we learn from the recent efforts to build rockets to travel into outer space?
- What is your opinion on those behaving as if the Rebbe is here in a physical body?
- Follow up: Vaccines
- Chassidus question: Do we really exist or are we just programmed to think we exist?
Skip directly to a topic by viewing the episode timestamps in YouTube.
MyLife: Chassidus Applied is a weekly video webcast candidly answering questions from the public about all life matters and challenges, covering the entire spectrum of the human experience. The objective of the program is to provide people with inspired guidance and direction, empowering them to deal with any issue they may face. MyLife demonstrates how Chassidus provides us with a comprehensive blueprint of the human psyche as a microcosm of the cosmos, and offers us all the guidance we need to live the healthiest possible life and build nurturing homes and families, bringing up the healthiest possible children, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually.
MyLife is a community-supported project, requiring hours of research and preparation each week. Please donate or sponsor an episode, to help us continue and expand this important work.