Ep. 394: What Can Purim Teach Us About the War in Ukraine Today?
Boruch Benyomin ben Menucha Lana and Miriam bas Chaya Sarah Althaus
Yekusiel ben Leah Rochel and Rochel bas Liba Farkash
Dedicated by Pinchas Todros ben Miriam and Sarah bas Rochel Althaus
- Personal thank you
- Transformation of darkness to light
- What can Purim teach us about the war in Ukraine today?
- Is it a sign that Moshiach is coming when nations are at war?
- Are there similarities between the Jews in Persia and Ukraine?
- What are we to do when we witness such battles?
- What did the Rebbe say in 1983 about nations in conflict?
- How are we to see these events in context of the Rebbe’s words over 30 years ago about the bloodless fall of the Soviet Union?
- Letter from Kharkiv: How can we increase in joy during the month of Adar with a war raging in our city?
- Should we cancel Purim this year in solidarity with the Ukranian Jews?
- When leaders attack others is it by their free will or is it ordained from above?
- More about the war in Ukraine
- Should we be taking sides in this war?
- Should we be pacifying or fighting the aggressor?
- Are Ukrainians being punished for their crimes?
- Should Jews be escaping Ukraine? Is that consistent with what the Rebbe said in the past about dangerous situations?
- Should we go to Ukraine and volunteer to help in any way we can?
- Chassidus question: What is joy beyond reason, to the point that we can’t distinguish between “cursed is Haman and blessed is Mordechai”?
Skip directly to a topic by viewing the episode timestamps in YouTube.
MyLife: Chassidus Applied is a weekly video webcast candidly answering questions from the public about all life matters and challenges, covering the entire spectrum of the human experience. The objective of the program is to provide people with inspired guidance and direction, empowering them to deal with any issue they may face. MyLife demonstrates how Chassidus provides us with a comprehensive blueprint of the human psyche as a microcosm of the cosmos, and offers us all the guidance we need to live the healthiest possible life and build nurturing homes and families, bringing up the healthiest possible children, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually.
MyLife is a community-supported project, requiring hours of research and preparation each week. Please donate or sponsor an episode, to help us continue and expand this important work.
Go here and here for our special section of programs and resources addressing these trying and unprecedented times