Ep. 380: How Should We React to the Recent Scandal About an Author of Jewish Children’s Books?
Boruch Benyomin ben Menucha Lana and Miriam bas Chaya Sarah Althaus
Yekusiel ben Leah Rochel amd Rochel bas Liba Farkash
Dedicated by Pinchas Todros ben Miriam and Sarah bas Rochel Althaus
- Chassidus applied to Yud Tes Kislev
- What is the most important lesson we can learn from the Alter Rebbe’s imprisonment and redemption in our daily lives?
- Since Chassidus empowers and heals our souls, why was it not given earlier?
- How could have heavenly angels mistakenly opposed the revelation of Chassidus?
- How was the Alter Rebbe’s spreading of Chassidus different than that of his predecessors?
- Why did other Jewish communities see the Alter Rebbe’s work as an existential threat to Judaism? And did they ever apologize to him afterward?
- How do we explain Reb Shmuel Munkes’ words to the Alter Rebbe before he was arrested “if you’re a Rebbe no harm will come to you:” 1) Didn’t the Alter Rebbe know this on his own? 2) We see that true tzaddikim were harmed throughout history?
- What is the comparison of Yud Tes Kislev to Yetziyas Mitzrayim?
- Is their significance in Yud Tes Kislev leading right into Chanukah?
- What was the significance of printing the Tanya in countries all over the world?
- Lessons from Vayeishev
- Did Yosef get what he deserved because he taunted his brothers?
- Why was Yosef given more attention than Reuven, the firstborn?
- How are we to understand the bizarre story of Tamar and Yehuda’s seemingly self-serving behavior?
- Why was Onan required to enter into a levirate marriage if the Torah, and why did he die?
- Are we allowed to celebrate Thanksgiving?
- What do we learn from the story of the man who posed as a Jew and married a Jewish woman?
- How should we react to the recent scandal about an author of Jewish children’s books?
- Chassidus question: If we have two souls, why do we identify with only one of them as being our true identity?
Skip directly to a topic by viewing the episode timestamps in YouTube.
MyLife: Chassidus Applied is a weekly video webcast candidly answering questions from the public about all life matters and challenges, covering the entire spectrum of the human experience. The objective of the program is to provide people with inspired guidance and direction, empowering them to deal with any issue they may face. MyLife demonstrates how Chassidus provides us with a comprehensive blueprint of the human psyche as a microcosm of the cosmos, and offers us all the guidance we need to live the healthiest possible life and build nurturing homes and families, bringing up the healthiest possible children, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually.
MyLife is a community-supported project, requiring hours of research and preparation each week. Please donate or sponsor an episode, to help us continue and expand this important work.