Ep. 209: Does Negating Secular Education Mean That We Have to Be Ignorant?
Sponsored by Mordechai Slavin
- Chassidus Applied to Iyar and Beis Iyar 1:45
- Lessons from Parshas Tazria-Metzora 16:54
- Why don’t we see Chassidim being scrupulous about making blessings on trees? 32:03
- Does negating secular education mean that we have to be ignorant? 35:33
- Are we obligated to teach our children a trade and how to make a living?
- Should we not be teaching basic English and math skills?
- How can I connect emotionally and not just intellectually? 47:26
- What is the Jewish perspective on chakras and the third eye? 54:26
- Follow-up: shlichus (episodes 204; 206-207) 59:22
- Chassidus Question: How do you explain in palatable terms the idea of a metzora according to Chassidus, as one lacking the bittul of “ohr abba”? 20:48
- My Life 2018 essays: The Holy Cow Diet, by Levi Teldon, 34, Shliach, San Antonio, Texas; Chassidic Emotional Intelligence, by Shraga Crombie, 37, Chabad House at Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ; HACK Your Addiction: Chassidus for the Smartphone Era, by Daniel Feld, 29, Acupuncturist, Israel 01:03:02