Ep. 395: Should We Be Concerned About Rising Prices?
Boruch Benyomin ben Menucha Lana and Miriam bas Chaya Sarah Althaus
Yekusiel ben Leah Rochel and Rochel bas Liba Farkash
Dedicated by Pinchas Todros ben Miriam and Sarah bas Rochel Althaus
- How does Purim help us endure and ultimately transform darkness to light?
- Chassidus applied to Shemini and Parah
- What does the number eight signify and what is its connection to this time of year?
- Why do we read Parah this week and what is its lesson for us?
- Why did a continuous fire burn upon the altar; isn’t that a waste of resources?
- Follow-up: Purim
- Is there anything to be learned today from the Rebbe declaring “hurrah” Purim 5713?
- Can we place a curse on the Russians?
- Can we learn from Haman that humiliation is the beginning of his downfall?
- If we wear sackcloth and pour ashes on our heads like Mordechai did, will that inspire Hashem to annul the decree and end the war in Ukraine?
- What’s the connection between the king awaking from his sleep and our prayers “awakening” G-d in golus?
- How can we take advantage of Purim’s kol ha’poshet yad noisnim lo (anyone who stretches out his hand should be given) to receive G-d’s blessings?
- Should I feel guilty that I didn’t drink on Purim?
- Follow-up: Ukraine
- What was the peace offering brought in the temple and what could we bring today as a substitute in order to bring peace in Ukraine?
- Why are my prayers of hareini mekabel and ach tzadikim not bring peace to Ukraine?
- Will it help to print Tanyas in Ukraine?
- Should we be building new institutions instead of helping those in need?
- Should we be embarrassed by the fact that this war was started by Russia, the place where Chabad was founded?
- Was it appropriate for Russian generals to go pray in Lubavitch?
- Should we be concerned about rising prices?
- Did the Rebbe ever advise how to survive a nuclear war?
- How can I make sense of a good deed that I did, which 30 years ago destroyed my life and recently saved my life?
- Chassidus question: How can we compare “blessed is Mordecahi to cursed is Haman”?
Skip directly to a topic by viewing the episode timestamps in YouTube.
MyLife: Chassidus Applied is a weekly video webcast candidly answering questions from the public about all life matters and challenges, covering the entire spectrum of the human experience. The objective of the program is to provide people with inspired guidance and direction, empowering them to deal with any issue they may face. MyLife demonstrates how Chassidus provides us with a comprehensive blueprint of the human psyche as a microcosm of the cosmos, and offers us all the guidance we need to live the healthiest possible life and build nurturing homes and families, bringing up the healthiest possible children, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually.
MyLife is a community-supported project, requiring hours of research and preparation each week. Please donate or sponsor an episode, to help us continue and expand this important work.