Ep. 404: What Can Sinai Teach Us About the Horrific Shooting of Innocent Children in Texas?
Boruch Benyomin ben Menucha Lana and Miriam bas Chaya Sarah Althaus
Yekusiel ben Leah Rochel and Rochel bas Liba Farkash
Dedicated by Pinchas Todros ben Miriam and Sarah bas Rochel Althaus
- What can Sinai teach us about the horrific shooting of innocent children in Texas?
- What is missing in our education system that can help prevent wanton violence?
- Chassidus Applied to Bamidbar and Shavuos
- Why do we read Parshas Bamidbar before Mattan Torah?
- Who owns the Torah?
- What is right way of receiving and learning Torah?
- What is the significance of the Torah being given on Mount Sinai?
- How do we reconcile the census of the Jewish people with the teaching that we are not supposed to count people?
- What exact parts of Torah were given at Sinai?
- How did the Jews oversleep the night before Mattan Torah?
- Why is the 50th level of impurity considered a point of no return when we have a concept in torah that anyone can do immediate teshuva?
- Why do we eat dairy on this holiday?
- Why don’t we read from the Torah every day?
- What’s the difference between a hidden blessing and a revealed blessing? And why would anyone want a hidden blessing?
- Why are we told in the Torah about the negative actions of our forbearers?
- What did the Rebbe initiate 55 years this week – two days before the 6-Day War?
Skip directly to a topic by viewing the episode timestamps in YouTube.
MyLife: Chassidus Applied is a weekly video webcast candidly answering questions from the public about all life matters and challenges, covering the entire spectrum of the human experience. The objective of the program is to provide people with inspired guidance and direction, empowering them to deal with any issue they may face. MyLife demonstrates how Chassidus provides us with a comprehensive blueprint of the human psyche as a microcosm of the cosmos, and offers us all the guidance we need to live the healthiest possible life and build nurturing homes and families, bringing up the healthiest possible children, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually.
MyLife is a community-supported project, requiring hours of research and preparation each week. Please donate or sponsor an episode, to help us continue and expand this important work.
Go here and here for our special section of programs and resources addressing these trying and unprecedented times