Ep. 302: What Are the Spiritual Dynamics of a Virus Epidemic?
In this special edition of MyLife, Rabbi Simon Jacobson teaches a powerful and unique text from the Arizal discussing the nature and spiritual roots of an epidemic, and what can be done to counter it.
View the PDF of the Arizal’s Text.
- How do we address the paradox of the pandemic happening during these redemptive and miraculous days of Nissan?
- Should we be doing things differently because of the situation?
- What lessons do we learn from Pesach about the coronavirus?
- What should our community learn from this disaster?
- During these times what is the role of teshuva, which brings healing to the world?
- Please make some suggestions that we individually and as a community can do to stop the virus?
- Should we be fasting during this time?
- How can we see the light amidst all this darkness?
- Is it inappropriate to share funny coronavirus memes on social media?
- What to do about immersing new vessels in a mikveh when they are closed?
- Do we blow shofar during the time of a plague?
- What should I do if I need to say HaGomel?
- Does the coronavirus have any connection with Moshiach?
- Chassidus question: What are the spiritual dynamics of a virus epidemic?
Skip directly to a topic by viewing the episode timestamps in YouTube.
MyLife: Chassidus Applied is a series of video webcasts answering questions from the public, with the objective of demonstrating how Chassidus provides us with a comprehensive blueprint of the human psyche as a microcosm of the cosmos, and offers us all the guidance we need to live the healthiest possible life and build nurturing homes and families, bringing up the healthiest possible children, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually.