Ep. 370: What Can We Learn From the Heavy Rains That Fell as We Prepare For Rosh Hashana?
Boruch Benyomin ben Menucha Lana and Miriam bas Chaya Sarah Althaus
Yekusiel ben Leah Rochel amd Rochel bas Liba Farkash
Pinchas Todros ben Miriam and Sarah bas Rochel Althaus
- What can we learn from the heavy rains that fell as we prepare for Rosh Hashana?
- Chassidus applied to Rosh Hashana 5782
- What are some things the Rebbe did Erev Rosh Hashana to prepare for a new year?
- Why does a king need to be coronated every year?
- What’s the best way to pray on Rosh Hashana for financial success and abundant parnassah?
- What can we learn from the story of the farm boy crying out ku-ko-reeku?
- What is your favorite Rosh Hashana maamar?
- What is the reason for the different shofar sounds?
- If someone doesn’t have a shofar on Rosh Hashana, can they use a trumpet or another instrument?
- Is the shofar an instrument of war?
- Will shofar be sounded during techiyas ha’maysim?
- Why do Sefardim use a much longer shofar than Ashkenazim?
- If the mitzvah is to hear the sound that comes out of the shofar, what difference does it make who blows the shofar?
- Should the person blowing shofar face his body north so the sound coming out of the shofar is directed east?
- Was there an emphasis to look at the Rebbe’s face as he sounded the shofar?
- Are we allowed to blow shofar at night?
- Are there similarities between shofar and other gentile traditions?
- Why don’t we blow shofar on Shabbos?
- Foods and customs
- Why do we dip an apple in honey?
- What is the reason that some communities have the custom of simanim – eating a series of symbolic foods? And does Chabad follow this custom?
- Since we don’t eat nuts on Rosh Hashana because “nut” in Hebrew is the gematria of “sin”, why do we eat nuts year-round?
- Why do we perform the Tashlich service near a body of water with fish in it?
- Personal challenges
- How to break an addiction as a New Year resolution?
- How do I resolve a disagreement with my spouse before the New Year?
- How do we deal with Holiday related OCD?
- Lessons from the Tzemech Tzedek’s 233rd birthday on Erev Rosh Hashana
- Why do we fast on Tzom Gedaliah? Who was Gedaliah?
- Chassidus question: If our fate is not sealed until later, why is it so important to be inscribed for a good year on Rosh Hashana?
Skip directly to a topic by viewing the episode timestamps in YouTube.
MyLife: Chassidus Applied is a weekly video webcast candidly answering questions from the public about all life matters and challenges, covering the entire spectrum of the human experience. The objective of the program is to provide people with inspired guidance and direction, empowering them to deal with any issue they may face. MyLife demonstrates how Chassidus provides us with a comprehensive blueprint of the human psyche as a microcosm of the cosmos, and offers us all the guidance we need to live the healthiest possible life and build nurturing homes and families, bringing up the healthiest possible children, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually.
MyLife is a community-supported project, requiring hours of research and preparation each week. Please donate or sponsor an episode, to help us continue and expand this important work.