Ep. 382: With Abortion Back in the News, What Is the Torah’s View on the Matter of Viability?
Boruch Benyomin ben Menucha Lana and Miriam bas Chaya Sarah Althaus
Yekusiel ben Leah Rochel amd Rochel bas Liba Farkash
Dedicated by Pinchas Todros ben Miriam and Sarah bas Rochel Althaus
- Chassidus applied to Zos Chanukah
- Why is it called by that name and what is its significance?
- Since we increase in light each night, why do we stop at eight? What’s special about the eighth candle that it’s light endures for the entire year?
- Chanukah discourses compare the dedication of the altar to the extra support we give a child to launch their education. How does this apply to a survivor of childhood abuse and neglect: how can they gather strength to be productive?
- Does the precedence of a Shabbat candle over a Chanukah candle indicate that a natural flame is greater than a miraculous one?
- Why do Hillel and Shammai disagree according to the explanation that they lit one eighth of the oil each day?
- Were the Chashmanayim righteous people or murderous mutineers who usurped the kingdom that belonged to Judah?
- Why don’t we emphasize the vital role of women in Jewish history, as in Yehudis in the Chanukah story?
- Lessons from Vayigash
- Did Yaakov do anything wrong by leaving his parents for 20 years?
- Why did Yosef say “is my father still alive” instead of “is our father still alive”?
- Why and how do we celebrate Hei Teves?
- Can I still give to your Gift of Meaning Campaign?
- Crowdfunding follow-up: How should we prioritize our charities?
- What can be done about people not treating others kindly?
- How to rekindle my connection to Torah?
- Regarding the recent abortion case being brought to the U.S. Supreme Court, what is the Torah’s view on the matter of viability?
- Please comment on Dr. Feldman’s passing
- Chassidus question: How do we reconcile Tanya that says we should learn from Joseph to overlook the evil others do to us to all the statements in Tehillim where Dovid prays for the downfall of his enemies?
Skip directly to a topic by viewing the episode timestamps in YouTube.
MyLife: Chassidus Applied is a weekly video webcast candidly answering questions from the public about all life matters and challenges, covering the entire spectrum of the human experience. The objective of the program is to provide people with inspired guidance and direction, empowering them to deal with any issue they may face. MyLife demonstrates how Chassidus provides us with a comprehensive blueprint of the human psyche as a microcosm of the cosmos, and offers us all the guidance we need to live the healthiest possible life and build nurturing homes and families, bringing up the healthiest possible children, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually.
MyLife is a community-supported project, requiring hours of research and preparation each week. Please donate or sponsor an episode, to help us continue and expand this important work.
Go here and here for our special section of programs and resources addressing these trying and unprecedented times