Ep. 336: Why Does G-d Test People With Misfortune?
5th night of Chanukah
Dedicated by the Jacobson family
- Chassidus Applied to Hei Teves and Vayigash
- Celebrating the enduring eternity of the Rebbe, his teachings and directives
- Joseph’s dramatic reunion with his brothers
- Lessons from 10th of Teves: Nipping a problem in the bud
- Which is the main miracle of Chanukah, finding the oil or winning the war?
- Why does G-d test people with misfortune?
- Is it necessary to talk to your Mashpia about things that you feel you could figure out on your own?
- Is there ever a limit to following a psak din even when it doesn’t sit well with us?
- Is there recourse to challenge a halachic ruling?
- When facing a dilemma, how do we decide whether to ask one’s spouse, or consult a mashpia, get advice from a rov or ask him a full blown shaala?
- How can we be complacent about the Democratic anti-Torah values agenda?
- Marrying cousins
- Was Yaakov ready for the geulah?
- Making aliya to Eretz Yisroel: Is it a state of mind?
- Chassidus question: What is the spiritual significance of snow?
- MyLife 2020 Chassidus Applied Essay and Creative Contest: 8th Place winners:
- Essay English: Unconditional Trust, Aidel Cohen, 25, Tzivos Hashem, Writer and Editor, Brooklyn, NY
- Essay Hebrew (men): החסידות למעשה, Applied Chassidus, Yohansan Ziv, Bnei Brak, Israel
- Essay Hebrew (women): ?רגשות אשמה – חרטה, לקיחת אחריות ותיקון, או הלקאה עצמית מזיקה, Feelings of guilt – remorse, taking responsibility and correction, or harmful self-flagellation? Debbie Mintzberg, Bnei Brak, Israel
- Creative: A Tale of Gold and Dirt (poetry), Rivka Goldenberg, 19, Student, Beis Chana – Tzfas Seminary, Lawrenceville, NJ
Skip directly to a topic by viewing the episode timestamps in YouTube.
MyLife: Chassidus Applied is a weekly video webcast candidly answering questions from the public about all life matters and challenges, covering the entire spectrum of the human experience. The objective of the program is to provide people with inspired guidance and direction, empowering them to deal with any issue they may face. MyLife demonstrates how Chassidus provides us with a comprehensive blueprint of the human psyche as a microcosm of the cosmos, and offers us all the guidance we need to live the healthiest possible life and build nurturing homes and families, bringing up the healthiest possible children, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually.
MyLife is a community-supported project, requiring hours of research and preparation each week. Please donate or sponsor an episode, to help us continue and expand this important work.