Ep. 435: What is Yud Shevat’s Universal Message for the World?
Yekusiel ben Leah Rochel and Rochel bas Liba Farkash
Dedicated by Pinchas Todros ben Miriam and Sarah bas Rochel Althaus
- Chassidus Applied to Yud Shevat
- What is the mandate and main lessons of this day? 0:44
- What is the purpose of Chassidus and what is the unique role of the seventh generation? 02:12
- What is the central theme of Basi L’Gani and its message for our times? 10:40
- What is the primary idea of Basi L’Gani chapter 13, and the Rebbe’s key additions in 5723 and 5743? 10:40
- When a Rebbe says a maamar does he prepare for it or is the shechina speaking through him? 33:45
- Why did the Frierdiker Rebbe start enlarging the yud in the second name of his signature leading up to Yud Shevat? o Why did the Frierdiker Rebbe start enlarging the yud in the second name of his signature leading up to Yud Shevat? 13:11
- Can you share some of the details around the histalkus in 5710? 37:21
- Did the Frierdiker Rebbe wear two yarmulkes? 39:43
- Is it a Lubavitch minhag to wear a double-covering on the head? 40:00
- What did the Frierdiker Rebbe mean when he said “we have to polish the buttons”? 41:22
- What is Yud Shevat’s universal message for the world? 43:07
- Should we encourage non-Jews to follow their religion? 45:12
- Why did you not explain the Sheva Mitzvos to the evangelicals you spoke to? 53:00
- What are the different customs regarding naming children after the Rebbeim?
- Is it appropriate to mix names of two Rebbeim? 54:44
- Were the Rebbeim ever called by one of their names and not both? 56:33
- Do I need to call my children with all their names, or can I use a shorter version? 57:23
- Which is preferable: to name a child after the Frierdiker Rebbe or after the Rebbe’s father? 58:08
- Do we have an explanation for the Rebbe and Rebbetzin not having children? 59:18
- Chassidus Applied to Beshalach
- What lessons do we learn from this portion? 01:01:58
- What is its connection to Yud Shevat? 01:01:58
MyLife: Chassidus Applied is a weekly video webcast candidly answering questions from the public about all life matters and challenges, covering the entire spectrum of the human experience. The objective of the program is to provide people with inspired guidance and direction, empowering them to deal with any issue they may face. MyLife demonstrates how Chassidus provides us with a comprehensive blueprint of the human psyche as a microcosm of the cosmos, and offers us all the guidance we need to live the healthiest possible life and build nurturing homes and families, bringing up the healthiest possible children, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually.
MyLife is a community-supported project, requiring hours of research and preparation each week. Please donate or sponsor an episode, to help us continue and expand this important work.