Ep. 349: How Do We Celebrate Yud Alef Nissan?
- Chassidus applied to 11 Nissan
- What is the significance of and how do we celebrate the day?
- When did the custom begin to compose a new song in honor of Yud Alef Nissan, and how were the songs chosen?
- Based on the Rebbe’s explanation why we honor the yahrzeit of Moshe on 7 Adar and not his birthday, why do we celebrate 11 Nissan?
- 13 Nissan: 155th yahrzeit of the Tzemech Tzedek
- The role of the Tzemech Tzedek: Daas
- Unity will lead us to the Geulah
- Tzav and Shabbos HaGadol
- Was there a celebration when the sanctuary was erected and dedicated?
- How did a few kohanim serve so many people; did they ordain new kohanim?
- What is the significance of requiring the fire on the altar to constantly burn?
- Lessons from Pesach in our lives today
- What are some practical examples of how we can experience Pesach transcendence in our daily lives to grow both physically and spiritually?
- What is your favorite Pesach maamar?
- Did 80% of the Jews die in Egypt? And how will it be in the coming redemption?
- How do you explain the Frierdker Rebbe’s seemingly harsh words that just as some Jews remained in Egypt the same will be in the final redemption?
- If Jews are inherently good, how do you explain the Jews who were, for example, architects of Stalin’s gulags or part of the yevsektziya or kapos?
- Chassidus question: How do we reconcile a seeming contradiction whether the parting of the sea is the level of kabolas ol or a higher level?
Skip directly to a topic by viewing the episode timestamps in YouTube.
MyLife: Chassidus Applied is a weekly video webcast candidly answering questions from the public about all life matters and challenges, covering the entire spectrum of the human experience. The objective of the program is to provide people with inspired guidance and direction, empowering them to deal with any issue they may face. MyLife demonstrates how Chassidus provides us with a comprehensive blueprint of the human psyche as a microcosm of the cosmos, and offers us all the guidance we need to live the healthiest possible life and build nurturing homes and families, bringing up the healthiest possible children, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually.
MyLife is a community-supported project, requiring hours of research and preparation each week. Please donate or sponsor an episode, to help us continue and expand this important work.
Go here and here for our special section of programs and resources addressing these trying and unprecedented times