Ep. 419: How Can I Actually Change?
Boruch Benyomin ben Menucha Lana and Miriam bas Chaya Sarah Althaus
Yekusiel ben Leah Rochel and Rochel bas Liba Farkash
Mazal tov to Lannie and Mendel Magalnic upon their wedding, 19 Elul
and happy birthday to Pini!
Dedicated by Pinchas Todros ben Miriam and Sarah bas Rochel Althaus
- Chassidus Applied to Selichos
- What is selichos? 02:15
- Why is the first selichos recited at night? 06:30
- Chassidus Applied to Rosh Hashana
- Has anyone made a nice acronym yet for the new year 5783, tof shin pei gimmel? 07:56
- What is the significance of eating certain foods at certain times? 10:40
- What benefit do we achieve by saying the Hebrew words of davening in the siddur if we don’t know what they mean? 13:17
- Do some people have more power to bless others? 18:42
- Is it advantageous to go to the top of a mountain to daven because it’s closer to the heavens? 22:32
- What are your thoughts about a chabadnik going to Uman? 24:32
- What can I do to stop my husband from trying something strange this Rosh Hashana to bring Moshiach? 27:59
- Why 60 days and not 40? 31:18
- Is there special creative energy available every year on the 25th of Elul, when the world was created? 33:15
- What can a couple struggling with infertility do differently in the month of Elul to have the “king in the field” grant them a child? 36:35
- Can you give an example of something you actually changed in your life? 39:55
- Chai Elul: What does it mean that Achiye Hashiloni taught the Baal Shem Tov? 57:45
- Apologizing for having negative feelings 01:01:55
- Can we test G-d with tzedakah and expect reward? 47:09
- Are we guaranteed to get what we want when we give tzedakah? 47:09
- Are we allowed to attend the Queen’s funeral in order to be respectful to this country? 01:02:40
MyLife: Chassidus Applied is a weekly video webcast candidly answering questions from the public about all life matters and challenges, covering the entire spectrum of the human experience. The objective of the program is to provide people with inspired guidance and direction, empowering them to deal with any issue they may face. MyLife demonstrates how Chassidus provides us with a comprehensive blueprint of the human psyche as a microcosm of the cosmos, and offers us all the guidance we need to live the healthiest possible life and build nurturing homes and families, bringing up the healthiest possible children, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually.
MyLife is a community-supported project, requiring hours of research and preparation each week. Please donate or sponsor an episode, to help us continue and expand this important work.
Go here and here for our special section of programs and resources addressing these trying and unprecedented times