Ep. 411: What Should I Do About My Husband Refusing to Wear Tzitzis During the Hot Summer? Is It Appropriate to Watch Holocaust Movies on Tisha B’Av or the 9 Days?
Boruch Benyomin ben Menucha Lana and Miriam bas Chaya Sarah Althaus
Yekusiel ben Leah Rochel and Rochel bas Liba Farkash
Dedicated by Pinchas Todros ben Miriam and Sarah bas Rochel Althaus
- Chassidus Applied to the Three Weeks and Nine Days
- What life lessons do we learn from this sad period?
- What does this time teach us about navigating the cycles of our own lives?
- If we believe that everything Hashem does is for the good, why do we mourn during the Three Weeks and Nine Days?
- Wouldn’t it make more sense to increase in joy during these days to break through and counteract the negative events?
- Why are we prohibited from swimming during the Nine Days?
- Is it correct that the Rebbe opposed commemorating Yom HaShoah during the month of Nissan and that he preferred that it would be during the 3 weeks or 9 days?
- What’s so special about the Holy Temple that we study about it during this time?
- Is it appropriate to watch holocaust movies on Tisha B’Av or the 9 days? And is it okay to watch movies that illustrate important lessons?
- Chassidus Applied to Matos-Massei
- How do I find relevance in everything the Torah says?
- How do we explain all killing and punishment, wars and revenge, anger and judgment, in this and other week’s Torah chapters? What does it mean and how are we to interpret that in our daily lives?
- What should I do about my husband refusing to wear tzitzis during the hot summer?
- How far must we go in thinking good so that it will be good?
- What can be done about TV addiction? follow-up
- Chassidus question: Can we create peace between the divine and animal souls or are they in perpetual battle?
Skip directly to a topic by viewing the episode timestamps in YouTube.
MyLife: Chassidus Applied is a weekly video webcast candidly answering questions from the public about all life matters and challenges, covering the entire spectrum of the human experience. The objective of the program is to provide people with inspired guidance and direction, empowering them to deal with any issue they may face. MyLife demonstrates how Chassidus provides us with a comprehensive blueprint of the human psyche as a microcosm of the cosmos, and offers us all the guidance we need to live the healthiest possible life and build nurturing homes and families, bringing up the healthiest possible children, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually.
MyLife is a community-supported project, requiring hours of research and preparation each week. Please donate or sponsor an episode, to help us continue and expand this important work.