Ep. 281: Why Do Some Jews Have Long Peyot (Sidelocks) and Others Do Not?
In honor of Motti Jacobson and Sarah Denberg upon their wedding on 6 Cheshvan. Dedicated by the Jacobson Family.
- Chassidus Applied to Zayin Cheshvan and Lech Lecha
- What should we be doing to disseminate the seven Noachide laws?
- Are today’s non-Jews chassidei umos ha’olam (righteous gentiles)?
- How can we be a light onto the nations, when the eastern cultures, which make up half the world, have had little exposure to Judaism?
- Why do some Jews have long peyot (sidelocks) and others do not?
- Why has 770 not been expanded as the Rebbe wished?
- When is the right time to consider getting married?
- Should we be worried about the rise of anti-Semitic acts?
- How can we explain capital punishment in the Torah: Does one really deserve to be stoned to death for violating Shabbat?
- Follow up (episodes 280):
- Boring holidays
- Kiddush clubs
- Chassidus question: Why does evil still exist after the great flood?
- My Life 2019 essays:
- A Big Part of a Bigger Puzzle: Self-Esteem in Chassidus, Malka Bracha Heidingsfeld, 15, S. Monica, CA
- Mindfulness: The Mechanics of Obstacles, Kalman Ezagui, 21, London, England
- תפיסת השכל כמטרה לשינוי, Eliezer Asraf, 18, Kfar Chabad, Israel