Ep. 368: Did the Rebbe Comment on the Crown Heights Riots 30 Years Ago?
Tzvi Doniel ben Yehudit
and Ita bat Miriam Ainsworth a"h
- Chassidus applied to Chai Elul
- What can we learn from this day?
- Is it significant that the Baal Shem Tov was born on Elul?
- What was the Baal Shem Tov’s main teachings?
- Why was there so much opposition to the Baal Shem Tov?
- Is there a similarity between the Besht’s teaching that all Jews are equal in the eyes of G-d to l’havdil the elimination of class distinctions in socialism?
- Who was Achiyoh Hashiloni and what connection did he have with being the teacher of the Besht?
- Why were there groups of hidden tzaddikim? Doesn’t it seem inappropriate to deprive people of their greatness?
- Are shluchim fulfilling the words of Moshiach to the Besht?
- Are all Besht legends true?
- Did the Besht eliminate demons?
- What’s the story with the Maharal and the Golem, and the Frierdiker Rebbe visiting the shul in Prague to see the Golem’s remains?
- Lessons from 15 Elul: 124th anniversary of the founding of Yeshivas Tomchei Tmimim
- What does it mean to be a tamim?
- What was different and unique about the curriculum in this yeshiva?
- Who coined the phrase and what is the meaning of “if someone ate the kasha in Tomchei Tmimim they will always be a tamim”?
- Is there a source that the Rashab looked into the future and handpicked all the souls that would be students in the yeshiva?
- Lessons from Ki Tavo
- If only after 40 years the people reached the level of having a heart to know, eyes to see and ears to hear, how were they able to say naaseh v’nishma and experience high levels of revelation before that?
- What is the difference between the rebuke in Bechukosei and the one in our chapter?
- Selichos: When we say “Machnisei rachamim, hachnisu rachameinu” whom are we addressing and what are we asking to be done?
- Did the Rebbe comment on the Crown Heights riots 30 years ago?
- Is there a connection between Covid and dibbuk (covid in reverse)?
- Is flood damage from a big storm or hurricane bad in and of itself, or is the bad due to too much chesed and a lack of gevurah?
- Why would the Torah allow a husband to abuse his power of withholding a get?
- Chassidus question: Why do we exist?
Skip directly to a topic by viewing the episode timestamps in YouTube.
MyLife: Chassidus Applied is a weekly video webcast candidly answering questions from the public about all life matters and challenges, covering the entire spectrum of the human experience. The objective of the program is to provide people with inspired guidance and direction, empowering them to deal with any issue they may face. MyLife demonstrates how Chassidus provides us with a comprehensive blueprint of the human psyche as a microcosm of the cosmos, and offers us all the guidance we need to live the healthiest possible life and build nurturing homes and families, bringing up the healthiest possible children, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually.
MyLife is a community-supported project, requiring hours of research and preparation each week. Please donate or sponsor an episode, to help us continue and expand this important work.