Ep. 357: 28 Sivan – 80 Years: What Is the Significance of This Day?
- Chassidus applied to 28 Sivan – 80 years
- What is the significance of this day?
- How did the Rebbe mark this day 30 years ago?
- Lessons from Korach
- Why do we need a Rebbe?
- What was the response to Korach’s argument?
- Can we learn anything from this story about nepotism?
- How do we understand the story of Aaron’s rod sprouting almonds?
- What should be our attitude to the new coalition government in Israel?
- Is it appropriate to laugh, as Rabbi Akiva did, after witnessing a tragedy?
- If we cry when a tragedy happens, does it reflect a lack of faith in G-d?
- When Moshiach comes…
- Doesn’t the Rambam say that we shouldn’t delve into the details about Moshiach?
- What’s the difference between the footsteps of Moshiach and the birthpangs of Moshiach?
- What can I do about my very devout nanny speaking to my children about her religious beliefs?
- Why are Jews considered to be the most intelligent demographic?
- Chassidus question: What does it mean that Mattan Torah didn’t happen in the lower hemisphere?
- MyLife 2020 Chassidus Applied Essay and Creative Contest: 25th Place winners:
- Essay English: Purposeful Living, Aharon Zev Moshel, 19, Student, Kfar Chabad. Hometown: Melbourne, Australia
- Essay Hebrew (men): ואהבת לרעך כמוך: ערך עצמי למול ערך הזולת, Yosef Rubenfeld, Jerusalem, Israel
- Essay Hebrew (women): איך נתמודד עם מחשבות לא חיוביות, Mrs. Riki Gluckowsky, Educator, Rechovot, Israel
- Creative: Diving Through Dimensions (lesson plan), Mushka Heidingsfeld, 18, Student, Ohel Chana High School LA. Hometown: S. Monica, CA
Skip directly to a topic by viewing the episode timestamps in YouTube.
MyLife: Chassidus Applied is a weekly video webcast candidly answering questions from the public about all life matters and challenges, covering the entire spectrum of the human experience. The objective of the program is to provide people with inspired guidance and direction, empowering them to deal with any issue they may face. MyLife demonstrates how Chassidus provides us with a comprehensive blueprint of the human psyche as a microcosm of the cosmos, and offers us all the guidance we need to live the healthiest possible life and build nurturing homes and families, bringing up the healthiest possible children, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually.
MyLife is a community-supported project, requiring hours of research and preparation each week. Please donate or sponsor an episode, to help us continue and expand this important work.
Go here and here for our special section of programs and resources addressing these trying and unprecedented times