Ep. 341: Can We Be Angry at G-d When Our Friends and Community Members Die of Covid?
Chaim Schneur Zalman Yehuda ben Aaron Leib
who tragically passed far too early on 8 Shevat
Dedicated to perpetuating his work and legacy.
May his family be blessed with strength and fortitude
- Chassidus Applied to Tu B’shevat and Beshalach
- What do you do when you’re stuck?
- What is the secret to success?
- Lessons we learn from the time when the Jews were stuck between the sea before them and the pursuing Egyptians behind them
- What do we learn from trees?
- Bitachon in face of challenges
- Can we be angry at G-d when our friends and community members die of Covid?
- How do we explain bitachon and emunah when they apparently don’t bring the intended results?
- What can I do to change my negative feelings and lack of trust in G-d due to my life challenges?
- Parents and Children
- How do I get over very harsh words my mother told me?
- Children’s Apathy to Judaism
- How would you deal with teens who are apathetic towards Yiddishkeit?
- What is an appropriate response to my 11-year old son who confided in me that he fears that he won’t be religious when he grows up?
- Chassidus question: Is dirah b’tachtonim a reason for creation that emerged only in later generations?
- MyLife 2020 Chassidus Applied Essay and Creative Contest: 12th Place winners:
- Essay English: “They didn’t change their names, their language or their dress” – Staying strong to who we are despite our surroundings, Mushka Cohen, 16, Student, Beth Rivkah, Montreal, Canada
- Essay Hebrew (men): פיזור הנפש, Mr. Meir Ha’Itan, Jerusalem, Israel
- Essay Hebrew (women): בנין החינוך – עסק משפחתי מצליח, Chana’le Gufchi, Educator, Kiryat Malachi, Israel
- Creative: Infusion (painting. Creative Art Piece. Oil on Canvas), Rivky Taichman, 20, Shlucha at Machon Alte Tzfat. Crown Heights, NY
Skip directly to a topic by viewing the episode timestamps in YouTube.
MyLife: Chassidus Applied is a weekly video webcast candidly answering questions from the public about all life matters and challenges, covering the entire spectrum of the human experience. The objective of the program is to provide people with inspired guidance and direction, empowering them to deal with any issue they may face. MyLife demonstrates how Chassidus provides us with a comprehensive blueprint of the human psyche as a microcosm of the cosmos, and offers us all the guidance we need to live the healthiest possible life and build nurturing homes and families, bringing up the healthiest possible children, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually.
MyLife is a community-supported project, requiring hours of research and preparation each week. Please donate or sponsor an episode, to help us continue and expand this important work.