Ep. 433: What Is the Main Contribution of the Alter Rebbe?
In loving memory of Henya Fraidel bas Idel
on the occasion of her Shloshim, 23 Teves
- Chassidus Applied to 24 Teves – 210 years 01:05
- What is the main contribution of the Alter Rebbe? 06:12
- What is the significance of the Alter Rebbe’s Hilula on this day? 08:19
- Why did the Alter Rebbe oppose Napoleon instead of trying to transform the Western World? 11:21 14:52
- Why were the challenges in America more difficult than the ones in Russia? 25:58
- What did the Alter Rebbe teach us about the power of song? 29:00
- What is a chiddush of the Alter Rebbe that can help us daven better so that our prayers are answered positively? 36:45
- What is the best way to study Tanya in English? 40:35
- Why do we sing the Alter Rebbe’s song only on special occasions? 43:42
- How should one pray? 47:45
- One person’s journey from living like a robot to becoming emotionally alive. 49:20
- Why not develop a Chassidus-based psychology?
- Chassidus Applied to Vaeira
- Why was the name Havaya revealed to Moses? 57:30
- What is the difference between G-d’s name E-l Shaddai and Havaya? 58:58
- Why are there four expressions of redemption? 01:01:50
- What lessons do we learn from the ten plagues? 01:05:16
- What is the history behind the Alter Rebbe’s discourse called “der frumer Vaeira”? 01:08:41
- Why are the plans to expand 770 deemed controversial by some in the community? 01:15:01
MyLife: Chassidus Applied is a weekly video webcast candidly answering questions from the public about all life matters and challenges, covering the entire spectrum of the human experience. The objective of the program is to provide people with inspired guidance and direction, empowering them to deal with any issue they may face. MyLife demonstrates how Chassidus provides us with a comprehensive blueprint of the human psyche as a microcosm of the cosmos, and offers us all the guidance we need to live the healthiest possible life and build nurturing homes and families, bringing up the healthiest possible children, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually.
MyLife is a community-supported project, requiring hours of research and preparation each week. Please donate or sponsor an episode, to help us continue and expand this important work.