Ep. 463: How to Address Same Gender Attraction?
In memory of Bernice Harron
May her memory be a blessing
- Chassidus applied to Elul
- What should we be doing during this special month? 01:25
- What was Moshe doing during Elul? 03:00
- What indestructible power do we have in this month? 05:45
- Does “the king in the field” mean a literal field? 08:10
- Is there something we can do via prayer and meditation during this month to guarantee that Hashem will answer our prayers positively in a revealed manner? 10:46
- During this month can we benefit and draw down extra measures of Divine kindness by repeatedly saying the verse of the 13 attributes of compassion, or do we need to understand its inner meaning? 12:38
- Why not refrain from sounding the Shofar all of Elul to prevent the negative forces from mounting an “attack” against us? 14:15
- Every year around this time, I fail to keep my resolve not to indulge in inappropriate behavior. What shall I do? 17:45
- Lessons from Ki Teitzei
- What is the general lesson from this week’s portion? 23:40
- How do we successfully face the battles and challenges in life, and not become overwhelmed by them? 24:39
- What is the deeper meaning of the mitzvah of returning a lost object? 28:38
- Is Hashem obligated to return to us the Beis HaMikdash to fulfill the mitzvah of returning a lost object? 30:58
- What is the significance of the mitvzah of sending away the mother bird before taking her fledglings or eggs? 33:27
- Is divorce a mitzvah? 37:36
- Why are the laws of marriage derived from the laws of divorce? 41:00
- What is the deeper meaning of eradicating Amalek? 43:27
- What is Asheiroh? 45:23
- How do I know if I have self-esteem, and what can I do to build it up? 47:50
- How to address same gender attraction?
- How should I deal with a relative or friend who thinks he might be gay and refuses to talk to anyone about it? 55:42
- What should I do about my own confusion around my sexual identity? 01:01:02
- Why are Rabbis not dealing with this issue? 01:02:22
- Why be frum if the secular may be on a higher level? 01:08:25
MyLife: Chassidus Applied is a weekly video webcast candidly answering questions from the public about all life matters and challenges, covering the entire spectrum of the human experience. The objective of the program is to provide people with inspired guidance and direction, empowering them to deal with any issue they may face. MyLife demonstrates how Chassidus provides us with a comprehensive blueprint of the human psyche as a microcosm of the cosmos, and offers us all the guidance we need to live the healthiest possible life and build nurturing homes and families, bringing up the healthiest possible children, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually.
MyLife is a community-supported project, requiring hours of research and preparation each week. Please donate or sponsor an episode, to help us continue and expand this important work.