Ep. 361: What Can Chassidus Teach Us About July 4th and Independence?
and all our brothers and sisters in Surfside
- Chassidus applied to the Three Weeks
- What lessons does this time period have for us?
- Why is it called “Bein HaMitzorim”?
- Is there a connection between the ripening of almonds in 21 days and the Three Weeks?
- How can we still hold on to hope ten days since the Surfside collapse?
- What should I do with my angry feelings toward G-d for allowing such tragedy?
- What should we be doing today about events around us?
- Lessons from Matos Massei
- Why can’t women annul their own vows?
- Why weren’t the tribes of Reuven and Gad punished for refusing to enter Israel?
- How did the cities of refuge work?
- Why was Moshe’s Moabite wife different than the other Moabite women?
- What can Chassidus teach us about July 4th and Independence?
- Whom should we be voting for in the NY Mayoral election?
- Comments and Follow-up: Covid vaccination
- Chassidus question: If G-d recreates existence every moment, what happens on Shabbos when G-d “rests” from creation?
- MyLife 2020 Chassidus Applied Essay and Creative Contest – 29th Place winners:
- Essay English: Accept or Expect? Can We Do Both? Mushka Feldman, 19, Shlucha, Machon Alte Seminary. Hometown: Brooklyn, NY
- Essay Hebrew (men): הכל טוב, Yedidyah Aliasi, student, Jerusalem, Israel
- Essay Hebrew (women): מלחמת האדם ביצרו וכיצד להתמודד עם הנסיונות- מתוך מודעות עצמית וחשיבה חיובית, Mayirah Siman Tov, educator, Tzfat, Israel
- Creative: Look Up When Down (drawing & poem), Rochele Rodal, 16, Student, Torah Academy Girls High School, Johannesburg, South Africa
Skip directly to a topic by viewing the episode timestamps in YouTube.
MyLife: Chassidus Applied is a weekly video webcast candidly answering questions from the public about all life matters and challenges, covering the entire spectrum of the human experience. The objective of the program is to provide people with inspired guidance and direction, empowering them to deal with any issue they may face. MyLife demonstrates how Chassidus provides us with a comprehensive blueprint of the human psyche as a microcosm of the cosmos, and offers us all the guidance we need to live the healthiest possible life and build nurturing homes and families, bringing up the healthiest possible children, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually.
MyLife is a community-supported project, requiring hours of research and preparation each week. Please donate or sponsor an episode, to help us continue and expand this important work.