Ep. 401: What Can We Do About the Horrific Terrorist Attacks in Israel?
Boruch Benyomin ben Menucha Lana and Miriam bas Chaya Sarah Althaus
Yekusiel ben Leah Rochel and Rochel bas Liba Farkash
Dedicated by Pinchas Todros ben Miriam and Sarah bas Rochel Althaus
- What can we do about the horrific terrorist attacks in Israel?
- Chassidus Applied to Emor
- Why does the Torah discriminate against handicapped Kohanim by not allowing them to bring an offering?
- How do we explain seemingly harsh attitudes in the Torah, called a Torah of love and kindness?
- What do we learn from the Torah about sensitivity to others, especially the less fortunate?
- Why is it forbidden to slaughter an animal and its offspring on the same day?
- What is the story with the son of Shlomit? Why was he so mistreated by the tribe of Dan not allowing him to camp with them?
- Why is blasphemy such a severe crime that warrants the death penalty?
- Is there ever a situation when we do not show unconditional love to a child? How about one who is behaving in a destructive and criminal way?
- How could they bring an Omer offering of barley on the second day of Pesach when barley is one of the grains forbidden on Pesach?
- Why don’t they announce the Omer count after morning services each day?
- What is the difference between Netzach she’be’Chesed and Chesed she’be’Netzach?
- What went wrong with Rabbi Akiva’s students who did not respect each other? Was it a failure on the part of Rabbi Akiva and his yeshiva?
- How did Rabbi Akiva react to their death?
- Why are we told about this tragedy and what do we learn from it in educating our own students
- With abortion in the news, what is our perspective on this topic?
Skip directly to a topic by viewing the episode timestamps in YouTube.
MyLife: Chassidus Applied is a weekly video webcast candidly answering questions from the public about all life matters and challenges, covering the entire spectrum of the human experience. The objective of the program is to provide people with inspired guidance and direction, empowering them to deal with any issue they may face. MyLife demonstrates how Chassidus provides us with a comprehensive blueprint of the human psyche as a microcosm of the cosmos, and offers us all the guidance we need to live the healthiest possible life and build nurturing homes and families, bringing up the healthiest possible children, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually.
MyLife is a community-supported project, requiring hours of research and preparation each week. Please donate or sponsor an episode, to help us continue and expand this important work.