Ep. 373: How Do We Maintain Inspiration After the Holidays?
Harry and Agnes Montgomery
- Chassidus applied to the Post-Holiday Season and Cheshvan
- How do we maintain the inspiration?
- Can we bottle the energy of Simchas Torah?
- Why are there no holidays in Cheshvan?
- Why is it called Mar Cheshvan?
- Lessons from Bereishis
- Why doesn’t the Torah begin with Elokim barah bereshis?
- When were angels created?
- Is a soul a creation, or did souls always exist in the same manner that Torah and Hashem always existed?
- Why did Adam and Eve cover themselves after eating from the tree of knowledge?
- Why did G-d ask Adam “where are you?”
- Was it part of G-d’s plan that Adam and Eve sin in order to repair? And if so, why shouldn’t we sin for the same reason?
- Lessons from Noach
- On what grounds did Hashem have the “right” to destroy Noach’s generation with a flood?
- What did they do aboard the ark not to go crazy with cabin fever?
- Were there kangaroos on Noach’s ark?
- How was waste disposed of on the ark?
- What can we learn from the three floors in the ark?
- If the purpose of bringing animals into Noach’s ark was to prevent their extinction, why would G-d allow thousands of species from becoming extinct since?
- Why did G-d allow the consumption of meat after the flood?
- Why do we say that it’s challenging to eat in a Sukkah when in Israel the weather is perfect that time of year?
- What is the origin of the Sukkos ushpizin?
- Chassidus question: Please explain the application of the Chet Etz HaDaas to our personal lives?
Skip directly to a topic by viewing the episode timestamps in YouTube.
MyLife: Chassidus Applied is a weekly video webcast candidly answering questions from the public about all life matters and challenges, covering the entire spectrum of the human experience. The objective of the program is to provide people with inspired guidance and direction, empowering them to deal with any issue they may face. MyLife demonstrates how Chassidus provides us with a comprehensive blueprint of the human psyche as a microcosm of the cosmos, and offers us all the guidance we need to live the healthiest possible life and build nurturing homes and families, bringing up the healthiest possible children, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually.
MyLife is a community-supported project, requiring hours of research and preparation each week. Please donate or sponsor an episode, to help us continue and expand this important work.