Ep. 345: Is There Spiritual Significance to the Landing on Mars and the General Exploration of Space?
in honor of his 8th yahrzeit on 7 Adar
Dedicated by the Jacobson family
- Lessons from 9 Adar and Tetzaveh
- What is the significance of the Frierdiker Rebbe’s arrival to the “lower hemisphere?
- What can we learn from this about battling the godless “communists” of our time?
- Why is Moshe’s name not mentioned in this parsha?
- Chassidus Applied to Purim
- What is the significance of the mitzvah of eradicating Amalek?
- Why would G-d create evil people and then command us to obliterate them?
- Why don’t we hoot when King Saul’s name is mentioned?
- Why does the Megillah start with a party that happened years before the main part of the story?
- Why are Pesachia and Hadassah called by their secular Persian names, Mordechai and Esther?
- What ever happened to Vashti?
- What happened to Achashverosh after the Purim story in the Megillah?
- Did Haman work in a barber shop before getting a job in Achashverosh’s court?
- Why is there a custom to wear masks on Purim?
- Is there a connection to Covid masks?
- Why did the Rebbe not wear a costume on Purim if that is the custom?
- What is special about the month of Adar? Should one push off a court case to this month?
- Is there spiritual significance to the landing on Mars and the general exploration of space?
- Follow-up: Bizbuz ha’otzros
- Chassidus question: How do we explain the statement cited in Chassidus that Yom Kippurim is only like Purim?
Skip directly to a topic by viewing the episode timestamps in YouTube.
MyLife: Chassidus Applied is a weekly video webcast candidly answering questions from the public about all life matters and challenges, covering the entire spectrum of the human experience. The objective of the program is to provide people with inspired guidance and direction, empowering them to deal with any issue they may face. MyLife demonstrates how Chassidus provides us with a comprehensive blueprint of the human psyche as a microcosm of the cosmos, and offers us all the guidance we need to live the healthiest possible life and build nurturing homes and families, bringing up the healthiest possible children, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually.
MyLife is a community-supported project, requiring hours of research and preparation each week. Please donate or sponsor an episode, to help us continue and expand this important work.
Go here and here for our special section of programs and resources addressing these trying and unprecedented times