Ep. 383: With the Rebbe Discouraging Family Planning, How Should We Deal With Legitimate Concerns Related to Having More Children?
Boruch Benyomin ben Menucha Lana and Miriam bas Chaya Sarah Althaus
Yekusiel ben Leah Rochel amd Rochel bas Liba Farkash
Dedicated by Pinchas Todros ben Miriam and Sarah bas Rochel Althaus
- Chassidus applied to Vayechi
- Why is the chapter about Yaakov’s passing called “and Yaakov lived”?
- Why did Yaakov send Yehuda to Egypt to set up a yeshiva – don’t parents do this for their children, rather than the other way around?
- If Yaakov was not allowed to reveal the time of Moshiach’s coming, why did the Rebbe reveal it?
- Why was Yosef not buried in Israel like his father Yaakov?
- How many tribes are there – twelve or thirteen?
- Was Yosef superior to his brothers?
- Lessons from Asarah b’Teves
- What is the significance of this fast day and what does it teach us?
- Why is the writing of the Septuagint on this day considered a bad thing?
- Hei Teves
- Does the ruling mean that every Chassid has part ownership of the books?
- Should we forgive those that stole the books?
- Is it better to give $10 to one cause or $1 to 10 causes?
- Dr. Feldman
- Sholom Bayis
- With the Rebbe discouraging family planning, how should we deal with legitimate concerns related to having more children?
- What can I do about my husband singing objectionable songs?
- Did the Rebbe critique Ayn Rand’s philosophy of Objectivism?
- Chassidus question: What is the difference between sovev kol almin and mimaleh kol almin?
Skip directly to a topic by viewing the episode timestamps in YouTube.
MyLife: Chassidus Applied is a weekly video webcast candidly answering questions from the public about all life matters and challenges, covering the entire spectrum of the human experience. The objective of the program is to provide people with inspired guidance and direction, empowering them to deal with any issue they may face. MyLife demonstrates how Chassidus provides us with a comprehensive blueprint of the human psyche as a microcosm of the cosmos, and offers us all the guidance we need to live the healthiest possible life and build nurturing homes and families, bringing up the healthiest possible children, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually.
MyLife is a community-supported project, requiring hours of research and preparation each week. Please donate or sponsor an episode, to help us continue and expand this important work.