Ep. 346: How Do I Deal With a Serious Setback – Loss, Trauma, Death and Other Hardships?
In honor of Moshiach Now!
- Chassidus applied to Ki Tissa and Parah
- How do I deal with a serious setback? With loss, trauma, death and other hardships?
- What fundamentals can we learn from this week’s Parsha based on the sicha of Ki Tissa 5752?
- What relevant lessons does the red heifer have for us today?
- If the people who saw the miracles of the exodus and the revelations at Sinai could still sin and make a golden calf, what chance do we have to not steer away from sin?
- What are the 13 attributes of mercy, and how can we use them in our daily lives?
- Why did Moshe break the tablets?
- Why was it necessary to create a second set of tablets?
- What exactly was the sin of the golden calf, why is idolatry such a severe sin and why would G-d be “jealous” of false gods?
- Can we correlate Moses’ mask and the Covid masks we are wearing today?
- Lessons from Purim
- What happened after the Purim story in the Megillah?
- Why is the entire Megillah written in Hebrew and not in Persian?
- Are kohanim allowed to drink excessively on Purim?
- What is the importance of giving the half shekel?
- Did the Rebbe ever publicly say a “Purim Torah”?
- Why could Esther commit adultery in order to save the Jews, but Mordechai was not allowed to bow to Haman?
- Mars landing
- Chassidus question: How do you explain the Hayom Yom of Shushan Purim Katan that the stones benefit from the words of Torah we speak while we tread on them?
- MyLife 2020 Chassidus Applied Essay and Creative Contest: 16th Place winners:
- Essay English: First, Love Yourself, Sara Friedman, 18, Student, Yeshiva Schools Pittsburgh,
- Essay Hebrew (men): שמחה- אתגר החיים, Simcha Bunem Feldman, Educator, Beis Shemesh, Israel
- Essay Hebrew (women): מצבי רוח במשנת הרבי, Esther Meizlish, Educator, Kfar Chabad, Israel
- Creative: What is Within (3D model), Naomi Deitsch, 17, Student, Beis Chana – Orange, CT, New Haven, CT
Skip directly to a topic by viewing the episode timestamps in YouTube.
MyLife: Chassidus Applied is a weekly video webcast candidly answering questions from the public about all life matters and challenges, covering the entire spectrum of the human experience. The objective of the program is to provide people with inspired guidance and direction, empowering them to deal with any issue they may face. MyLife demonstrates how Chassidus provides us with a comprehensive blueprint of the human psyche as a microcosm of the cosmos, and offers us all the guidance we need to live the healthiest possible life and build nurturing homes and families, bringing up the healthiest possible children, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually.
MyLife is a community-supported project, requiring hours of research and preparation each week. Please donate or sponsor an episode, to help us continue and expand this important work.