Ep. 300: Special Coronavirus Edition – Should We Be Closing Schools and Shuls Due to Covid-19?
Michoel & Lea Slavin
The Caputo family
We pray for everyone to seek both physical and spiritual preparation at this transitional time and we also pray for the growth and success of the new Chabad home of the Fromovitz Center of Beachwood Ohio
The Namanworth family
Feivish and Tamar Pewzner and family
- How did our ancestors deal with plagues?
- Has the Rebbe ever made public statements about pandemics and what we can do on a physical and spiritual level to stop them?
- Are the yeshivas that are closing due to corona virus violating the edict shomer mitzvos lo yeda devar rah?
- Is it okay to daven at home?
- Add a mitzvah to help stop the pandemic?
- Should we organize a larger prayer gathering?
- Can the Coronavirus panic possibly be a sign of Moshiach’s imminent arrival?
- Chassidus applied to 25 Adar and Parshas HaChodesh
- Lessons from Vayakhel Pikudei
- 300th episode: What are the three most important everyday lessons for the average person you have learned from chassidus?
- What type of miracle is better, a supernatural miracle or a miracle hidden in nature?
- Ki Tissa follow-up:
- Why was Moshe not punished for smashing the luchos?
- Was Moshe forgiving of the Jews who built the golden calf?
- Purim follow-up:
- Why are the names of Mordecahi and Esther used?
- Women included in the miracle
- Was G-d “awake” during the Purim story?
- Chassidus question: Why did G-d tell Moshe that he can see His back, but not His face?
- My Life 2019 essays:
- חסידות – המפגש החדש, Paz Shavit, 35, Herzliya, Israel
- עד כמה חשובה הכוונה בקיום המצוות, Dori Galili, 45, Sderot, Israel
- Bullying: An Opportunity, Not a Threat, Mendel Wilhelm, 23, London, England
Skip directly to a topic by viewing the episode timestamps in YouTube.
MyLife: Chassidus Applied is a series of video webcasts answering questions from the public, with the objective of demonstrating how Chassidus provides us with a comprehensive blueprint of the human psyche as a microcosm of the cosmos, and offers us all the guidance we need to live the healthiest possible life and build nurturing homes and families, bringing up the healthiest possible children, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually.