Ep. 381: Why Do the Chanukah Lights Endure, While the Temple Menorah Did Not?
Boruch Benyomin ben Menucha Lana and Miriam bas Chaya Sarah Althaus
Yekusiel ben Leah Rochel amd Rochel bas Liba Farkash
Dedicated by Pinchas Todros ben Miriam and Sarah bas Rochel Althaus
- Chassidus applied to Chanukah
- Why do the Chanukah lights endure, while the Temple Menorah did not?
- Why do we light eight candles, at night, facing outside, unlike the Temple Menorah?
- What does Chanukah teach us today?
- What is the connection with us being lamplighters and Chanukah?
- Is the oil of Chanukah related to Chassidus?
- Why do we celebrate the zealotry of the Maccabees?
- Is there anything wrong with giving Chanukah presents?
- Is religion stopping frum Jews from contributing to society (a modern Hellenist claim)?
- Lessons from Miketz
- Why did Joseph have to torment his brothers with an elaborate scheme and not just reunite with them and his father?
- Can Pharaoh’s dreams about the seven cows and seven stalks of wheat be interpreted to relate to the seven generations of Chabad and the subsequent time after Gimmel Tammuz?
- Why did Joseph have to suffer so?
- Should yichus matter when it comes to shidduchim?
- Do I need to donate to every crowdfunding campaign?
- Sholom Bayis
- How can I learn to respect my husband?
- What should I do when I am feeling annoyed at my spouse’s behavior?
- When to let go and when to address an issue that bothers me in my marriage?
- How do I deal with a spouse who has lost her faith?
- Chassidus question: Please elaborate on the idea that each Rebbe added understanding to Chassidus corresponding to the sefiros: chochma, bina, daas etc.
Skip directly to a topic by viewing the episode timestamps in YouTube.
MyLife: Chassidus Applied is a weekly video webcast candidly answering questions from the public about all life matters and challenges, covering the entire spectrum of the human experience. The objective of the program is to provide people with inspired guidance and direction, empowering them to deal with any issue they may face. MyLife demonstrates how Chassidus provides us with a comprehensive blueprint of the human psyche as a microcosm of the cosmos, and offers us all the guidance we need to live the healthiest possible life and build nurturing homes and families, bringing up the healthiest possible children, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually.
MyLife is a community-supported project, requiring hours of research and preparation each week. Please donate or sponsor an episode, to help us continue and expand this important work.