Ep. 364: How Should We React to Ben and Jerry’s Boycott of Israel?
Tov ben Aahron HaKohain Moscovici
Yahrzeit, 16 Menachem Av
- What can we learn from the transition from Tisha B’Av into the following days?
- The journey and dialogue between G-d and the people through the Seven Weeks of Comfort
- 15th of Av: Why was it a big joyous holiday in the times of the temple, and why is it no longer observed today? Why is it in the month of Av?
- Tisha B’Av: Why is the focus on the destruction of the Temple and not on the many that were killed?
- Nacheim: How do we apply some of the words in this prayer to life today?
- Why do we say in grace after the meals “my father, master of the house” even when we are not in our father’s home?
- Chassidus applied to Chof Av
- What is the Rebbe’s fathers’ most famous Torah?
- Kadesh U’Rechatz
- Did the Rebbe ever comment about the magen david on his father’s matzeivah?
- Practical directives
- Lessons from Parshas Eikev
- What does “eikev” mean? And which mitzvos fall into this category?
- How should we react to Ben and Jerry’s boycott of Israel?
- Jews turning against Jews – is that a sign of Moshiach’s coming?
- Is it advisable to pray in the forest as the Baal Shem Tov did?
- Follow up and comments:
- Baseless love
- Kamtza and Bar Kamtza: Father and son?
- Chassidus question: How should we categorize the Rebbe’s fathers’ contribution to Chassidus?
- MyLife 2020 Chassidus Applied Essay and Creative Contest – 31st Place winners:
- Essay English: The Passionate Life – Adding Vitality and Joy into Your Every Day, Sarala Weinstein, Student, MBCM Monsey High. Hometown: Spring Valley, NY
- Essay Hebrew (men): תכלית וייעוד האדם בעולם, בהשקפת תורת חסידות, Meir Heber, student, Kfar Chabad, Israel
- Essay Hebrew (women): להיות אשה, Mrs. Penina Geldtzeler, Givat Ayleh, Israel
- Creative: Inspiration vs. Internal Motivation (video), Pessi Naparstek, 21, Shlichus, Myrtle Beach, SC
Skip directly to a topic by viewing the episode timestamps in YouTube.
MyLife: Chassidus Applied is a weekly video webcast candidly answering questions from the public about all life matters and challenges, covering the entire spectrum of the human experience. The objective of the program is to provide people with inspired guidance and direction, empowering them to deal with any issue they may face. MyLife demonstrates how Chassidus provides us with a comprehensive blueprint of the human psyche as a microcosm of the cosmos, and offers us all the guidance we need to live the healthiest possible life and build nurturing homes and families, bringing up the healthiest possible children, emotionally, psychologically and spiritually.
MyLife is a community-supported project, requiring hours of research and preparation each week. Please donate or sponsor an episode, to help us continue and expand this important work.